After closer inspection of this dog’s face the vet realized how serious it was

Allergies occur when the immune system reacts to a foreign substance such as pollen, bee venom or a food that doesn’t cause a reaction in most individuals.

If you thought humans are the only creatures who experience allergies, you can’t be more wrong. Animals do suffer from allergies too.

Dogs, for example, can be allergic to fleas, certain food, and environmental allergens.According to the American Kennel Club, food allergies at dogs aren’t common but they do exist. The symptoms range from skin conditions such as hives, facial swelling, and itchiness to gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting and/or diarrhea. Sometimes, they occur as a combination of both.

A dog owner was shocked to see her four-legged pal’s face extremely swollen one day. She wasn’t certain what was going on, and the first thought that came to mind was that the naughty boy got stung by bees.

Just in case, she took him to the vet’s and was surprised to learn that her dog was in fact allergic to the food she recently purchased for him.

The vet administered medications in order to open the airways and bring down the swelling. Luckily, the dog was fine.

The owner now issues a warning to other people out there to be aware of dog allergies.

If you spot any of the symptoms mentioned above, rush your dog to the hospital right away.

Please SHARE this story with a dog owner.